Closing Date: 20 July 2017
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is a public entity accountable to the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET). It provides financial assistance to eligible students at public universities and at Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) colleges throughout South Africa.
NSFAS has started the implementation and roll-out of the Student Centred-Model at all 26 public universities and 50 TVET Colleges across the country, as part of its efforts to improve the student funding experience. NSFAS’ focus over the past year has therefore been to improve the communication around the implementation of the Student-Centred Model so that the scheme can realise this objective in the 2017 academic year. Central to this are two complementary objectives which serve to deepen the pool of funding available for students through constantly striving to recover loans which are due, and to source more funding from potential donors so that it can assist more students comprehensively.
The following vacancies exist across various Regions
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum requirements: NSFAS, in partnership with the National Youth Development Agency (NYDA), is looking to employ graduates who meet the following minimum requirements:
Unemployed South African graduates A minimum of a three (3) year degree or National Diploma from higher education institutions in the areas of Education, Communications/Public Relations, Psychology, Social Work. Soft Skills and fluent in the language of the community (districts listed below)
No previous experience required (training will be provided by NSFAS).
Beneficial requirements: NSFAS funded graduates Graduates must be living in and able to work in the following Regions:
- Eastern Cape, Alfred Nzo District (Alfred Nzo Local Youth Office)
- Eastern Cape, Alfred Nzo District (Ntabankulu Local Youth Office)
- Eastern Cape, Amathole District (Mbhashe Local Youth Office)
- Eastern Cape, OR Tambo District (Mthatha Local Youth Office)
- Eastern Cape, Chris Hani District (Inxuba Yethemba Local Youth Office)
- Free State, Lejweleputswa District (Nala Local Municipality, Maokeng Advice Centre Hennenman)
- Free State, Thabo Mofutsanyane District (Dihlabeng, Mantsopa Local Youth Office)
- Free State, Cornelia District (Fezile Dabi)
- Gauteng, Johannesburg Metro District (Transnet, Ratanda, Diepkloef)
- Kwazulu Natal, ILembe District ( Mandeni, Kwadukuza Ndwedwe Local Youth Offices)
- Kwazulu Natal, Umgungundlovu District (Umsunduzi, Mkhambathini, Mpofana, Impendle Umngeni Local Youth Offices)
- Kwazulu Natal, Uthukela District (Emnambithi/Alfred Duma, Umtshezi/Inkosi Langalibalele, Okhahlamba Imbabazane/ Inkosi Langalibalele, Uthukela Local Youth Office)
- Kwazulu Natal, King Cetshwayo District (Umlalazi Local Youth Office)
- Kwazulu Natal, Zululand District (Pongolo Local Youth Office)
- Mpumalanga, Nkangala District (Ndlelenhle, Colour my World, Kwazamokuhle, Unico Marapyane Youth Advisory Centre)
- Mpumalanga, Gert Sibande District (Wakkerstroom, Elukwatini, Armsterdam, Sesifikile Mkhondo Local Youth Office)
- Mpumalanga, Ehlanzeni District (Mjajane, Welverdiend, Up Up Up Youth Development Centre, Jump Start your Career, Mangweni Youth Advisory Centre)
- Limpopo, Capricorn District (Lepelle-Nkumpi)
- Western Cape, Eden District (George, Uniondale Local Youth Office)
- Western Cape, Overberg District (Overstrand Local Youth Office)
Candidates will be required to display the following personal attributes Organised and able to meet deadlines Confident communicator Ability to work independently, as well as within a team Ability to work under pressure and display initiative
How To Apply
Interested applicants who meet the requirements should send Detailed Curriculum Vitae, Copies of Academic Qualifications and names of two contactable referees to Fayroes Sherry via email, with the subject Student Support Administrators to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NSFAS does not consider late applications. NSFAS only corresponds with shortlisted candidates. If you do not hear from NSFAS within 2 months of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.